Friday, September 09, 2005

It's easy

This morning I had to take my first shot. I had a coffee and a shower to make sure I was awake enough to inject the right stuff in the right dose. Then I read all the brochures that came in my little suitcase. The leaflet of the Buserelin was particularly useful: Meds for testicular cancer.

I filled the tiny little syringe, let the air out. And then I sat down for a while, thinking: Am I really going to do this? There is something strange about sticking needles in your skin. Your body tells you to wait and think it over one more time.

Then I stuck it in my skin and emptied it. I didn't even feel it! Easy.
That's it for today.

4 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger April said...

Congrats on the first shot. Hope they're all as easy after this.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Bravo, Johnny, Bravo.
A small step in a big adventure. I am so inspired & encouraged at your effortless injecting skills. Well Done & let the games begin!
Yay!!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Glad it wasn't so bad. Are you keeping the buserelin in the fridge or not?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger heleen + rod said...

yep, after opening. the nurse said it's not to prevent the stuff from going off, but more to prevent me getting red skin after injecting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home