Monday, September 05, 2005

IF made me healthy

I've always tried to live healthy to some extend. I've been a vegetarian for almost all my life. Organic stuff attracts me more than fast-food and I'm not a big sweet addict. I exercise, or should I say: My animals exercise me, they make sure I stay fit. I do yoga. I have turned into a boring lentille cruncher!

Since I moved from drizzly grubby Amsterdam to the lovely outskirts of Auckland, the fresh sea air, the blue skies and since I changed the single partytime life (and the chemicals that go with it) to the regular and homely almost-married life and giving up smoking, I became super healthy :-)

Then IF came along. Before that I'd never been to a doctor or hospital for anything more serious than an infected throat, a dog bite, or a horse that stepped on my foot. Chemotherapy, numerous courses of antibiotics, anaesthectics, painkillers and the accompanying feelings of depression didn't do me or my body much good.

Time went by. At the moment I am very healthy again. I hardly cry anymore. Going to an acupuncturist and herbalist also helped. They helped me to reduce PMS to 0. The herbalist gave me lots of vitamins and some diet advice. Now I eat less carbs and more protein and omega-3 fats. I should eat more vegetables and less fruit, but that's a hard one. My skin is better than ever. I am never tired anymore. I sleep like a rose. I gained a little wait, but that's ok because I'll have something to inject in.

In fact I feel so healthy it frustrates me. I have the most regular periods. When I ovulate I have beautiful cervical mucus that lasts for days. R has great sperm.

I just have stupid blocked tubes.

Last weekend was the last chance for Sperm and Egg to meet the natural way. Saturday evening: 'Darling, there has been an accident in the tunnel, there is a big traffic jam, I think I'm gonna be a bit late!' Monday morning. Egg completely dissapointed. 'He said he would come and get me, but never showed up...'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home