Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More gloom

The second antenatal class was more informative, but seemed at stages a long ad for pain relief. As the doctors want to monitor your babies you have to lie on your back, and when you lie on your back you need pain relief. So an epidural seems the way to go. On top of that they don't want you to feel too tired and worn out afterwards because you have to start breastfeeding and stuff. (How did our mothers do that?)

We watched a video with a smiling woman telling she was getting a bit uncomfortable during labour, so she'd been so happy with the epidural!

I have to talk about this with my OB, cause I seriously want to give it a go and at least try to do it the natural way, seriously. I think you really need the pain, and the endorphines more than being comfortable.

Maybe I'll talk differently later, but at this moment, this is how I feel about it very strongly. I hope I don't have to fight to make my point clear to the medical people. I'd rather have them tell me 'You're doing great and pain is just a part of the job' than 'It's your own silly choice wanting to have pain and it doesn't make our jobs easier either'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home