Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Most beautiful day


I feel truly blessed. Last Saturday I got married to the most wonderful man I know, my best friend, my lover, the one I want to grow old with. The sun was shining bright. Many amazing people came to share and celebrate this special day and enjoy with us the beautiful spot on this planet we call home now.

R and me arrived on our antique tractor down the hill to a circle we mowed in the grass where all our guests were waiting for us. My horses had flowers in their manes and were looking very surprised and curious by seeing all these people walking down the fields. The ceremony was lovely. I even managed to say my vows although I got very emotional saying 'you are my best friend'...

After the ceremony there was heaps of champagne in a wheelbarrow with ice and waterlillies and (how exciting) orange juice for me... After that an amazing meal on two long white tables with flowers in the field next to the barn. A lot of people made speeches, the sun set all pink and gold.

We made a big fire, lit torches and candles and then a great band starting playing till very late at night. Everybody was dancing and I heard so many times 'This is the best wedding we've ever been too'. We'll, I felt the same; the best wedding I've ever been too.

Next morning I think more than 35 people were still there, camping. So the party just continued where we stopped the night before, with breakfast and more drinks. And then everybody helped cleaning and tidying up. I can write about this weekend much much more (we even had real soap style nasty family drama), maybe I'll just post some more pictures....





P.S. About the babes
Went to the obstetrician today, babes' heart beats are very loud and clear and healthy. I'll be having another scan and checkup in 4 weeks time. Finally time to focus on being pregnant... My belly is as big as if I was 30 weeks with a singleton. No strechmarks so far thanks to my new husband's oil rubbing :-)

5 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Ohhhh!
Look at you!
How lovely Heleen. I have been wondering about your special day. Congratulations honey....May married life be blessed.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Ohhhhh! Again! I had to link your page on my latest entry. I adore your horses! All dressed up for the special day. So gorgeous!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Heleen you look fantastic and the wedding looks amazing. I'm so pleased you had such a wonderful day. Congratulations!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Utterly gorgeous!Congratulations Heleen, I wish you and your new husband (but old friend) all the very best indeed!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Mellie said...

Mony sent me your way - and I'm one to always add a Mazel Tov for such a happy occasion. Wishing you and your husband AND CHILDREN a lifetime of happiness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home