Monday, February 06, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen.....

Last Thursday i had the'anatomical scan'. All the bits and pieces were present. 2 x 4 heart chambers, kidneys, 20 fingers and 20 toes and..... we could see what sex they are.

On the right there is a little girl, and more to the left my baby boy... I'm so happy with this! I don't want to sound sexist or ungrateful, but honestly the news of having two boys (or two girls) would not have made me this happy....

R and me just spread the news. We see no reason to keep it a secret and all our friends and family give us great feedback and they're all thinking about names!

Furthermore the scan showed that both of them are developing according to the book, and are exactly the same size. The girl has the placenta on the back, the boy on the front. This might explain why I feel her more than him, he is nice and snug tucked away behind his placenta!

I had an interesting insight the other day. I'm so happy having two babies in one go. I do know it will be hard work, but then again, if it was only one not long after the birth I should go back to the clinic for IVF#2 to try for another one before my 40th.

I've got no embryos left in the freezer. I think that if I had I would want to 'try 'm out', or 'give 'm a chance'. As I have nothing to freeze I won't feel that pressure or longing.

So probably this is it.... It's a bit of a shame, because I can't say anything else than that I love being pregnant. I feel very good. I feel lots of love for everything. I will remember this time as one of the happiest times in my life.

You might smile and say: well wait until you're 7 months you'll feel different about being pregnant! But up till now it's great. My backpain is gone too and I'm full of energy.

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Does it get any better?
Blessings are bestowed upon you! That's such lovely news Heleen!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger LL said...

Congrats.... one of each...
great news!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

That's lovely news Heleen, congratulations

 

Post a Comment

<< Home