Friday, December 23, 2005

Nuchal fold

We had the nuchal fold scan yesterday at 12.5 weeks. The babes are both 7 cm now and look very comfy in there. We saw little hands and feet, left and right brains, little stomachs and hearts and in between the mini legs of the one on the left something that reminds you of a... So that one might be a boy!

All was fine. The nuchal fold (a little layer of fluid in the skin at the back f the neck) was small, and the nose bone looked fine, reducing our chances for Down to 1200:1 for both of them, which is the same risk as for young women.

It's strange, but because we bought this rundown farm and I am not so nauseaus anymore I don't think about the babies so much anymore as I did (24/7). I'm less aware of them. I'm running around with my weedeater and chainsaw... I want to fix fences and help R build the stables and chop the weeds. And then all of a sudden I get so sleepy I just have to lie down and sleep for two hours.

Then I realise that they are in there. And since the scan yesterday I think about them all the time. Those tiny little hands and feet. So sweet.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

How wonderful to be able to see them in such detail - it's great that you can now relax a little and just enjoy your new home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home