Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Twenty weeks

Time is going way too fast! We're already 20 weeks. So the babes are twenty cm now (8 inches). Theoretically if the babes would decide to appear in a months time doctors would try their very best to help them survive.

Brenda (from 6 feet under) gave premature birth to her baby at 30 weeks. I realised when I saw that episode: Oh my! In 2 and a half months I could have two children! But ofcourse I'll try to keep them warm and snug as long as I can.

In fact at this stage I feel like I never want them to come into this world, it's so nice to have them inside of me. I had a dream that I gave birth to my girl. She was tiny but perfect, like a gnome in a fairytail, you know the kind that live in a big mushroom. We looked at each other and just couldn't stop smiling. So sweet.

I don't feel my boy very much at this stage as he is behind his placenta. My girl I can feel several times per day: blip blip!

Nesting hormones haven't kicked in yet. Although... I do pay much more attention to the household chores than I've ever done. I still get more excited by seeing a nice wheelbarrow than a babybed. I've been in babyshops but half the stuff I don't know what it's for. Next months I'm going to the antenatal classes, I might get some useful info there. And i think shopping with R. will help. First see what all the family brings. I should have mentioned it on the wedding invite: Please don't bring baby gifts....

I just chucked out my IVF suitcase with brochures and bills and other stuff...

Oh, by the way, I managed to find a wedding dress! I saw a dress I really liked in the wrong colour, and a dress I didn't like in the perfect fabric and now they are making the dress for me just how I want it. It's almost white, classic, silk, and flowing nicely over the bump. I'll show you later! I have to try not to get any bruises, musquito bites etc on my legs anymore from now. That's a challenge...

I tried tried also a tight golden dress but unfortunately I'm not just lean with a bump anymore. Pregnancy packed some 'emergency reserves' on my lower back and hips. It all looked a bit too chunky to my liking. I hope that the new bumps will disapear when I start riding my horse again...

We're working hard to get the property suited for the wedding. We turned the field where we'll have 'the banquet' in six weeks from an overgrown weedy wilderness ino almost a golfcourse. It lookes amazing!

With the ride-on mower we mowed a track through the longgrassed fields down to the ponds. There we mowed a circle in the grass, it will be the 'open air chapel'. I'll try to organise lots of flowers. It will be big fun. It already is.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Mony said...

Sounds Amazing! What a lovely spot for a Wedding! You sound wonderful (as usual!) so happy for you, Heleen!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Sounds like its all going beautifully heleen! Babies wedding and all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home