Thursday, November 17, 2005

Graduation day

The twins are growing well, #1 is two days ahead and #2 is one day ahead. They are 1,29 cm and 1,23 cm. With my genes it's likely they're gonna be tall kids. They look like a little duck and a little seahorse. Their little hearts beating like little LEDs. It's so incredible everything is so small and so complex and so rapidly developing. Big Big Tiny Miracles!

At the clinic the whole team wished me well, urging me to come back and show them when they are born. The team there has been so good to me. My own gyny, her two partners, all the nurses and the desk people. They were nicely emotional when I left. I don't think even a celebrity could have been treated nicer than I've been treated there, I swear.

I'm going to try out the public system now, in the same hospital where I had my horror experiences with the ectopics. I'll go and have a talk there to save me 4000 dollars and quite a lot of kilometers. But if I have only the slightest doubt I'll go back to my lovely friendly private fertility clinic...

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger April said...

Congratulations on reaching this milestone of "graduation" and that the twins are growing so strongly.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Mony said...

It's surreal! Everything's looking great Heleen.
I am glad you are giving the Public System another chance. I imagine NZ system is similar to ours here in Oz. I know there are Public Hospital horror stories (damn, you've lived through one)but you are entitled to good care as a taxpayer & why not save yourself the money. I am sure you will have a better experience this time. Your bad kharma has all run out! It's GOOD TIMES only ahead. I guess you will just have to let the clinic know your history, what you expect as a patient & hopefully the staff will embrace your wonderful story and treat you and the twins very well.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

It's great news Heleen. Although to my untrained eye they really don't look like babies yet! I hope your public healthcare experience is a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home