Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm pregnant!!


Yeah, the good news is that I'm pregnant! With beta hcg of 200 on day 13... My Sunday doctor said that that's a very good number, no one has mentioned the word twins yet... I'm very happy, but totally uncomfortable, bloated, tired and sore.

Before the testresults came back I peed on a stick. There was a + instantly. This is the third time I'm pregnant this year. But I've never seen a test give such a nice clear and instant result. It feels quite unreal. And when I mention the word twins everybody just start to giggle. Even my mum....

I look like I'm 5 months pregnant. My waist grew from 75 to 92 cm. My left ovary is 12.5 cm. On the scan you could see cavities filled with 8 cm fluid... I think my body is stretching up a bit because it doesn't hurt as much as it did. Walking, sitting and lying down is all quite uncomfortable. What makes it hurts most is when air can't escape from my bowels. No more onions for me.

I'm back from the hospital. I had my own room with a great view over the city and Rangitoto, the vulcano in the harbour. It took them 6 tries to get an IV in. The drip contained gelatine, made from cow bones, didn't they have a vege-drip? I have to take aspirin and wear stockings. But that was all they could do for me at this stage. So far I'm a moderate case of OHSS. Lucky me. Not full enough to drain me.

As I didn't get much worse and my kidney and liver functions were stabile I could go home. I hang around at home now and go into town for daily bloodtests. More details later....

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Mony said...

SHAZZAM!
This news warms my heart! That's GOLD, Heleen! Take Care of yourself & Congrats to you both xxx

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Heleen, that's wonderful news. Congratulations. I hope you get properly better soonm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home