Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Wow I do feel it today!

The blood test results came back fine; I'm right on schedule. This means I'll be injecting the same dose of 150 IU Gonal-f for two more nights. Another bloodtest and a scan are scheduled on Thursday.

The nurse couldn't tell me yet when I'll have the trigger injection or when the egg collection will be. That all depends on the size of my follicles. So they might be able to tell after the scan. Today I feel exactly where my ovaries are in my belly. I never knew they were so high up! And they are cramping a bit, and when they do I get a bit nauseous and light in my head.

On one hand it's exciting that at least I feel something is happening down there, but on the other hand it's a bit scary. I hope everything will go allright, cause if this continues to develop like it's doing now I'm worried I'll be exploding tomorrow!

The 900 Gonal-f pen should be finished by now (6 days of 150 IU). Strange, there is still some stuff left in there, roughly another 150 IU shot, but you can't really say how much is in there and the last bit also contains an air bubble. A bit expensive stuff just to throw out. I paid NZ$660 (US$450) for that pen...

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

They do that on purpose - eg my buserelin says it has 5ml but it really has 5.5 just to be on the safe side. You could go ahead and use that 150mIU couldn't you? Is there a way of figuring out how much is in there? How frustrating if you can't!

So pleased things are going so well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home