Thursday, October 20, 2005

OHSS

To distract me from my emotional misery some physical misery started yesterday after lunch. I started to swell up. First I thought it was caused by the onions on the panini I just had. I felt very full. As the day progressed I started to look more and more like a big fat sea-elephant! My belly doesn't look pregnant, it looks more like a giant toddler belly. Cute! Not!

When I walk I notice my breath is shorter than normal. Going for wee really hurts (especially the first bit), but the colour is normal. I'm thirsty, crampy, full, faint and nauseas (somebody please explain how to use the word 'nausea' - I might need it more often and English is not my native language). But the worst part of it I can only sleep on my back half upright on a pile of pillows. Any other position and my whole insides are getting squashed.

I feel a bit better and less bloated now in the morning, but I'm pretty sure I'll start to balloon again pretty soon. Left a message for my nurses. I haven't put on a lot of weight strangely enough.

I vaguely recall somebody saying that OHSS particularly happens at this stage when you're pregnant, so I'll pencil it down in the column 'Good Signs'.

Anybody out there with tips and tricks??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home