Thursday, October 06, 2005

Abundance

R came with me to the clinic where I had my first scan today. Usually I don't mind undressing in a doctor's room but with him there it felt a little bit akward. I managed to slip under the blanket just in time.

Condom, jelly... put the thing in there. Instantly the whole screen was full of follicles. No kidding. The doctor measured a few, counted a few, moved around a bit and then started to laugh. They just kept on popping up on screen. There's heaps, there's abundance. I'm doing great he said, but we have to take care not to hyperstimulate.

After I got home the nurse called me with the results from my bloodtest and the new plan. Oestrogen levels are not too high (2433). So they don't think I'm in risk of OHSS and want me to continue on the same dose of Gonal-f for two more days.

Saturday another scan and bloodtest. I still hope I can trigger in the weekend and have the retrieval on Monday. I'm just getting a bit sick and tired of the whole thing. Although I'm doing amazingly well.

I have cried only once ever since I started the injections. I don't fight, I'm not grumpy or picky. I just feel weird, but emotionally very balanced, on the verge of deadly boring. IVF makes me a nicer person :-)

Wait until I am pregnant, experience learns I then go completely nuts. Must be different hormones, the ones that make me drive other people around the bend... I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home