Monday, May 01, 2006

Bigger

We're 31 weeks now. And it's starting to become heavier and a bit more uncomfortable, especially in the evening and at night. A little pain here and there; sometimes in my pubic bone, sometimes my hips or shoulderblades. The food I eat doesn't always want to go down (no space). And my hair is falling out big time. Lucky me I had lots of hair to begin with.

I gained 10 kg up till now. That's not an amazing lot (22 pounds), but my OB and midwive are both very happy with me, my health and the progress of the babies. Bloods and urinetest, all came back fine. Tomorrow I'm having an other scan (hope the boy is head down now), I'll post some pics...

We went for a little late honeymoon last weekend. The weather was glorious. R and me stayed in an old hotel and sailed through groups of islands and saw dolpins and a seal. Very nice to come back as well. The preggy hormones have turned me from an adventurous world traveller into a homely girl. So nice to come back and sit on the couch with my dogs. Charlie has grown noticebly in just 2 days!

Up till now I haven't felt the urge to go buy lots of baby stuff. We have the basics now: two little hammocks, bedding, cotton nappies, some clothes and a changing table. And I also bought a bathing bucket. That looked so comfy and snug. I feel very attracted to all sorts of eco stuff and organic cotton but it's so expensive!

My mum send me a big box with baby stuff. Opening the box was like going into the archives of a museum. Plastic bags full of meticulously washed and ironed baby things. The smell of the linen cupbourd at home. Giving me mixed feelings. Not all pleasant. I know I need all the help I can get, but I do feel relief that mum lives 18000 km away.

The packs contained stuff I've been wearing when I was a baby, but also things from the fifties my mum made for my eleven year older sister, blankets, sheets, clothes, bibs, clothes, tiny socks. Some things will still come in handy but the rest I've put away, neatly folded, retaining the lovely smell. One day I'll play dress up with both the babies, take some pictures for my mum, and then put the stuff away again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home