Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Slowing down

Little by little there is less and less left over of me and my body for me. Less space for food and breathing. Less energy to concentrate, walk around, or even think straight. Less agility to turn around in bed. Less strenght to do a little job like feeding the horses, or walking up the hill. Less speed to grab the pup when he is very naughty (chasing our new cows...- aren't they cute!)...

All in all I know I'm blessed that everything is going well, but now at 33 weeks I'm really starting to feel it.

As a self employed person I can never really give myself time off. I have to finish two big projects but my brain feels like glue. Every other day I treat myself to a cup of coffee. I must say that that still really works wonders :-)

The NZ government has made a new law: Self-employed people qualify for paid parental leave! Your baby needs to be born or expected to be born after the 1st of July. Lucky lucky me: My due date is the 2nd of July! 14 weeks of paid parental leave. Jay!

Hey psssst, I don't dare to say it out loud... but... Thalia is pregnant. We just have to wait a while until we know if everything is ok. I am already so happy for her!

2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds like things are right on track, and how wonderful to hear that you will get paid maternity leave! Hoping those babies cook a bit longer. And thank you for your good wishes!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Hi. It's my first time here, but I thought I would give you some encouragement.

Just making it to 33 weeks with twins is fantastic. Believe me, I KNOW you are uncomfortable. I think at 33 weeks I started throwing up everything I ate (again) because there was just no room left.

Every day they you can keep them in is wonderful and when they are two years old and perfect it will seem like nothing. You'll even forget how hard it was to breathe.

You are doing great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home