Thursday, May 25, 2006

c-section... on June 14th

In the very likely case my boy doesn't change his mind and his feet down position I have a caesar scheduled on the 14th of June. I feel a bit sad about it. The twins didn't get in the natural way, and now thay can't get out the normal way...

Sure I know that in my case a C is less risky for the babies, and in the end I want two healthy live babies. But still. I was looking forward to experience nature in me. To go through the whole raw but beautiful process. Everytime I see a birth video I feel a wave of emotions going through me. I don't have them watching a c-section.

My OB is a lovely guy. I know he will do a good job. And as I am in theater he can remove my damaged tubes too so I won't get anymore ectopics.

When I told R. the date was set on the 14th he finally realised how soon it will be. And we have so much to do before that day. It's getting a bit scary!

Yesterday one of my best friends gave birth to her daughter. 3800 grams. First contraction at 5, baby born at 8. Isn't that great! Well done and congratulations and lots of love for Lola... Strange detail: we are 20,000 kilometers apart. We haven't talked about it, and we choose the same name for our daughters. May be we will give ours a different name.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

I hope it all goes well, I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Heleen good luck with it all! I'm sorry you are not having the birth experience you had imagined but of course it is wonderful to think your two precious babies will be here so soon.
And...I think if you really love the name, you should go with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home