Wednesday, September 13, 2006

12 weeks - 6pm

It's pissing down rain. I'm tired. Haven't slept well because Charlie doesn't sleep very well anymore. It takes ages for him to give up the fight to stay awake. And wakes up often. The only place where he might fall asleep is in my bed, preferably with nipple in his mouth.

Today he is screaming hour after hour, sleeping ten minutes in between, waking up for a feed, screaming again. Five minutes after changing him I hear him fill his nappie, I change him again, there is so much poo his whole back is covered with it! I bath him. He is happy for 15 minutes. Lola sleeps a lot today. Thanks Lo!

It's 6 pm, the cat screams for food too. The dogs on the deck staring at me to say 'Let us in!'. The horses standing in front of the gate, everybody wants food... There is a mountain of washing on the couch, a mega pile of shirts that need ironing, the dishwasher needs emptying. I'm hungry but I'm sick of eating boring plain stuff. I typ this with Charlie screaming on my lap, arching his back all the time. Nothing works to calm him down. But I just can't put him down.

Now Lola is waking up.
Screaming too.
Horrible time of the day.
Horrible 12 weeks.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Oh, I feel for you. I've no advice, but lots of sympathy. Hope the tough days pass soon.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

All I can say is this... with twins it gets easier at three months. It gets easier at nine months. It gets WAY easier at a year. When they walk it is less taxing mentally, but more taxing physically. At two it gets less taxing physically, but more taxing mentally.

But it gets better. The first three months with twins are hell. It gets better. I promise.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Mony said...

Reaching out for you Heleen. I cannot imagine the incredible load weighing on you right now. Busy is a silly understatement. I am sure you are doing an amazing job & the vision of all the animals looking to you for food is really sweet...and SO you!
Hang in there Mummy xxxx

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Heleen I'm sorry this is so hard. I know it will get better but I'm also sure it's bloody awful nonetheless right now. Thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home